Monday, March 22, 2010

Day One

Yesterday was our first day of work. We officially started work at 3pm, however we weren't sure on the trip to the office so we wanted to get there early. We left around noon and got to work at about 12:30. The traffic here is insane! Apparently the traffic laws and the lines on the road are merely suggestions. I feel a bad Quebec driver joke here but I'll pass. We got to the site and man is it nice. Its huge, our company takes up three floors of the site. Each floor has classrooms, a production area, a lunch room with an actual cafeteria inside... and most importantly windows. If you're from the Ottawa site, you'll know what I'm talking about. We met most of the trainers around three when we started. They are all really friendly and helpful. I sadly am horrible with names so it will take me a while to learn them all. But now I fear I am just rambling so I will stop for now and I will post again later.

4 comments:

Randa said...

Ah, windows. What a concept.

Must be nice to be driven to work and have him worry about the lines or lack thereof. :-)

Glad to see its going well. Hopefully you'll keep up the good work. I'm sure time will fly.

Kitschey said...

This is so exciting! I love your apartment and I am very jealous of the TVs. Mostly I`m jealous that you know you have a warm bed each night though! LOL

IFM said...

Sounds like you're having fun.

I'm still jealous that you get to do something.

Unknown said...

WINDOWS!! Now that's luxury! LOL! Glad things are going well so far.